SILU can provide customers with the latest supply chain strategies, cutting edge material handling expertise and logistics methodologies that ensure project success for our customers. With producing more product variety in smaller batches in the company, managing material flow in the production system has become increasingly complex and challenging. Hence, the company has to address issues such as:
- How can we implement Just-In-Time (JIT) and Just-In-Sequence (JIS)?
- How can we optimize infrastructure in terms of logistics requirements?
- How can we plan the new product package concept and production flow?
Efficient logistics operations are important to guarantee stable production processes and smooth material flow. Our expertise and know-how of factory planning, manufacturing and lean management can help to plan, implement and optimize internal & external logistics process for our customers.
Our comprehensive end-to-end services cover the entire spectrum of production-related logistics processes:
- Factory concepts including material flow and logistics planning
- Layout design, planning and implementation of production systems
- Material flow & manpower capacity analysis
- Feasibility studies & simulation
Logistics Systems Design:
- Supply Chain Integration
- Design and implementaion of Kanban & Milk-run concepts
- Truck/forklift/personal flow optimization
- Material property analysis (ABC/XYZ-Analysis)
- Packaging and load carrier concepts
Process Design & Management Support:
- Perform quality management projects, e.g. 5S, SPC, FMEA, work instruction
- Plan and implement lean management principles, e.g. flow-production, SMED, JIT/ JIS
- Project management support and organizational development
- IT tools for optimizing material flow and packaging concepts
- Process audit and Business Process Re-engineering